HOTLINE 1-800-822-3828

DMV Questions

The Epoch Car

DMV Questions

How do I know my title is a clean, transferable title?

1. The title must be in your name, with no cross-outs, white out, or errors.

2. All liens must be released, if there is a lien listed on your title, it must be signed off on the title  or you must provide a separate lien release document.

Do I need to remove my license plates?

In most states, you should remove the license plate and return it to the DMV. In others such as California, the license plate must remain with the vehicle.

What if I do not have the title?

Contact your state DMV to obtain a new title.

Does my title need to be notarized?

Some states do require the title or transfer forms to be notarized, please check with your state DMV for clarification.


What if the title is not in my name?

Contact your state DMV to transfer the title into your name.

There are 2 people listed on the title, do both of us need to sign?

Yes. If there are 2 owners listed on the front of a title, the majority of the time, both people will need to sign as the seller. If there is an ‘or’ in between the names, typically only 1 signature is required.

Do I need to notify the DMV when I donate my vehicle?

Each state has different criteria on how to notify the DMV. Some states require the license plates to be returned to the DMV. In the states of Arizona, California, Illinois, Minnesota and Washington, you must also turn in a release of liability to the DMV. In Washington, Illinois and Minnesota, this form is called a Report of Sale.

What if my car’s registration isn’t current?

Most states do not require your registration to be current. As long as you have the most current title you are able to donate; however, in the state of Oklahoma, your registration must be current in order for us to accept your donation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *